Board of Trustees | Board Members | Committee Meetings | Policy Manual
About The Gary Community School Corporation
The Gary Community School Corporation is committed to the effective engagement of staff, students, parents and community in providing a quality education in a safe and orderly environment. We hold high expectations that all students will be prepared to function successfully as productive, responsible and caring citizens in a diverse, global, technological society. The Corporation will assume the responsibility for student progress at all levels ensuring that the requisite skills, knowledge and dispositions are acquired.
- Every student can learn at his/her own rate/ability.
- Schools have the responsibility to create an environment where teaching and learning is fun for students and teachers.
- High expectations for staff, students, parents and community yield positive results.
- A quality education is every child's right.
- Parents, teachers, and students share a common desire and expectation for educational excellence.
- Educational excellence and opportunity require the responsible participation of committed students, teachers and parents.
- The Corporation has the human and fiscal resources necessary to provide a quality education for all students.
- Change in educational practice is necessary in order for our students to be able to compete in a changing technological society.
- Learning occurs best in a safe and secure environment.
- People are interdependent and are responsible for their schools, community and each other.
- Trusting relationships are fostered through honesty and integrity.
- The quality of life is enhanced through the combined effort of family, friends and community to provide opportunities for students to acquire real life skills necessary to succeed in a culturally diverse society.
- Educated citizens are the foundation of a community.