The Gary Community School Corporation will offer a limited number of seats to students for virtual instruction for the 2021-2022 school year based on need. Students will be selected in order of highest need and ability to succeed in a virtual setting by a process.
- Documented medical or emotional reason
- Alternative placement based on 504 or IEP as determined by Special Populations Department
- Be in good academic standing as determined by 2020-2021 virtual or in person experience (2.0 GPA-secondary)
- 95% attendance during the 2020-21 virtual or in-person experience
- Apply for open seat in Virtual Program (application available online)
The virtual option will consist of an online program designed to meet the needs of students who have a need to conduct their education away from a traditional school building. This will include asynchronous instruction only. Please contact, Cole Dietrich, email@example.com for additional information.
- Provide an appropriate environment for online learning that includes necessary supplies (desk, table, etc)
- Daily, Weekly, Monitoring of assignment mastery and completion
- Ensure consistent attendance (95% attendance rate)
- Encourage and Motivate your child to be successful
- Establish Daily Routine