The Gary Community School Corporation will offer a limited number of seats to students for virtual instruction for the 2022-2023 school year based on need. Students will be selected in order of highest need and ability to succeed in a virtual setting by a process.
- This application is for all students, including those previously enrolled in virtual learning at GVA. Enrollment for the 2022-23 school year will be based on prior student performance and attendance. Enrollment in GVA is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of the Gary Community School Corporation administration.
- Students enrolled in GVA must maintain a 90% attendance rate for all virtual lessons and any IEP class sessions (if applicable). Failure to maintain a 90% attendance rate in the prior quarter will lead to immediate placement in in-person learning at the GCSC boundary school that your student would otherwise attend.
- Students enrolled in GVA must participate in asynchronous learning activities and meet course pacing schedules; failure to do so by the end of an academic quarter will lead to immediate placement in the GCSC boundary school that your student would otherwise attend.
- Students enrolled in GVA must maintain a minimum C average and be considered in good academic standing. Failure to do so will result in immediate placement in the GCSC boundary school that your student would otherwise attend.
- Parents and guardians of GVA students are expected to serve as in-house learning coaches and supports for GVA students. This means making sure students are participating in online coursework, attending required sessions, respond to communications from GVA or GCSC staff within 24 business hours, and participate in all required in-person assessments and state testing. Failure to do so may result in immediate placement in in-person learning at the GCSC boundary school that your student would otherwise attend.
- Virtual learning is a privilege and may not be the best educational setting for all students; GCSC reserves the right to ensure students are provided education in a way that will set them up for academic success, either virtual or in-person.
The virtual option will consist of an online program designed to meet the needs of students who have a need to conduct their education away from a traditional school building. This will include asynchronous instruction only. Please contact, Cole Dietrich, email@example.com for additional information.
- Provide an appropriate environment for online learning that includes necessary supplies (desk, table, etc)
- Daily, Weekly, Monitoring of assignment mastery and completion
- Ensure consistent attendance (95% attendance rate)
- Encourage and Motivate your child to be successful
- Establish Daily Routine